The tranquil elegance of candlelight offers a richly rewarding experience.
Learn to put love, joy and romance in everything you do. Candlelight is a mysterious source which excites our vision. It radiates and reflects our imagination, interest and love.
- Float candles in warm water.
- Store candles in a cool dark area.
- Display your candles with charred wicks. This gives your home a warm prepared look and candles will relight quickly.
- Candles should be placed two to three inches apart to avoid melting each other.
- Avoid drafts (open windows, heat ducts and air conditioners) to prevent rapid and uneven burning and dripping.
- Clean soiled or marred candles by buffing with nylon stocking or a damp soft cloth.
- Always use a holder. Never place a candle directly on your furniture.
- Place glass candle holders and other holders that get very warm on heat resistant surface.
- Votive candles will burn longer in a snug holder.
- Pillars need to burn 3 to 6 hours the first time they are burned. This will allow burning to the edge of candle and create an illuminating well.
- Candles don't just cover odors. They eliminate odors by burning off the tiny odor particles that permeate the air.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon water to candle holder before adding a votive candle. This will help to protect the holder from excessive heat and will make cleaning easier.
- Place floating candles in warm water extend the burn time of candle.
- Candlelight induces quiet. Light several candles and listen as the volume goes down.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.